Labourer/ Assistant Maintenance Engineer14/01/2014
We are a Compressed Air Engineering Company requiring a Labourer to be part of our excellent Service Team. We are looking for a proactive individual with a committed and professional approach to their work. The right candidate will be able to work well in a small team as well as left to work individually with the ability to multi-task and problem solve. We are looking for a solid all-rounder, with a wide range of abilities and attention to detail. This person will have had a similar role, which will have involved working on/assisting with maintaining site Equipment, Pipework & Machinery. This position is full time subject to a six month trial period.
Multi Skilled Duties to include:
- Work will be mainly carried out on our Client’s Sites.
- Assist Compressed Air Engineers with ‘Two Person Jobs’
- Pipework & Ducting installations.
- General on-site machinery inspections and maintenance including Extractors cleaning.
- Responsible for general cleanliness and tidiness of our workshop.
- Stock taking of Pipework Fittings monthly.
- Checking Fleet Vehicles.
- Face-to- face liaison with Customers.
- Other duties will be involved.
- Experience of a range of heavy engineering and manufacturing industry experience (Ideally).
- Experience of General Maintenance activities.
- Experience of pipework installations (Ideally but training can be given).
- Clean/ Low points Driving License.
- Personable with the ability to fit into a small team.
- Self motivated and able to undertake training in additional skills.
- Flexibility - normal working hours are 8am-5pm with out of hours, weekend and away work required infrequently.
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge (Ideally CSCS Certified).
- Forklift Truck/Scissor Lift/ Booms License (Ideally).
£17,750 starting wage with overtime.
Pleaase send CVs to email@example.com
Have you revised your Written Scheme recently?
We received a frantic phone call this month from someone who’d just received a fine for not having their ‘Compressor Certificate’ which...Read more
Can you service me?
The core of our business is servicing and we are pleased to say we service all types of Air Compressors from small Piston Industrial Air Compressors 1.5kw upto...Read more
Savvy Customer’s fight the rate in Crime!
September also saw Algar Air carrying out a major electrical works for our Customer who manufactures Bespoke Doors and Screens...Read more
We offer servicing on other types of Plant
This month an overhaul and repairs was carried out on a Cutmaster Gearbox for an Alloy Processing Customer. The Gearbox was collected, stripped and cleaned...Read more